While intelligent recruitment platforms automate busywork (a big plus on its own), the best recruitment software will go beyond what’s operational to help you make difficult decisions, collaborate, and create an optimal candidate experience.
We’ve listed 7 best AI recruitment software that are the best at marrying automation and insight. But first, let’s get into why you should be looking at tools that can give you “more” than just the run-of-the-mill recruiting features.
How can AI help with recruiting?
Top AI recruitment platforms automate time-intensive hiring tasks while providing data-driven insights. By handling the grunt work and revealing important analytics, they let recruiters and hiring managers focus on more impactful relationship building and decisions.
Up until now, you may have been able to automate an action here and there—read: sending candidates an OOO message when they email you during time off or prompting them to the next steps to the hiring process after they submit an assignment on Workello.
But hiring at scale needs more of an automated workflow, not disjointed actions here and there. AI recruitment software can do the following for you:
- Automatically advance candidates to the next stages and send them personalized messages based on rules you have set
- Automatically reject candidates via configurable delays and customizable message templates
- Defer candidates to future dates, hide them from active workflows, and send automated reminders to reactivate screening when pertinent
- Trigger automated competency assessments when candidates enter specific workflow steps
- Send notifications to staff based on candidate workflow stage progression and assign request SLAs to accelerate reviews
- Schedule optimized interview times and confirm participation details via intelligent calendaring assistants
- Send links to materials, profiles, and resumes to interviewers before sessions
- Prompt structured feedback submission from interviewers through automated post-interview review requests
Advanced semantic searches
While this may seem like a smaller benefit, recruitment software with natural language processing (the benefits are multi-fold as you’ll see in the next point) is a big plus. You can run searches in any ATS, but only with specific keywords.
Hiring software allowing semantic searches mean that you won’t miss out on great candidates just because they skipped out on the right phrases.
Advanced interview intelligence
Interview intelligence is a great opportunity to demonstrate how you can use AI to do things you cannot do by yourself.
→ You cannot analyze every subtle behavioral cue from a candidate while interviewing them at the same time, especially if you’re doing so remotely.
→ You cannot retain everything from every (often back-to-back) interview that you have scheduled.
→ You cannot take detailed notes during the call without depriving the interview of your attention.
A good recruitment software can use conversational analytics and note-taking AI to do these for you. It can also:
- Auto-coordinate interview schedules based on interviewer availability calendars
- Generate customizable templates for standard interview session formats
- Automate distribution of prep materials to interview panelists
- Capture structured feedback via templated evaluations
- Rank and compare candidates in the centralized portal
- Contextualize evaluations with robust candidate profiles
- Minimize manual logistical activities for interviewers
- Analyze interviewer feedback to automatically score candidates on soft skills and cultural fit
Enhanced candidate experience
While you need to have a productive and easy hiring experience, this will only work best if the candidate has an optimal experience too. Here’s how an ATS like Kula can help your candidates out:
- Allow instant one-click job application submission from any device without requiring account creation
- Integrate with third-party social platforms so candidates can easily apply using existing profiles
- Optimize career site and content for intuitive interaction across mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Employ automated translation tools to parse application documents like resumes in over multiple regional languages
- Localize key interfaces into global languages to expand access and understanding
One of the key factors affecting candidate response rates is bias. Kula can anonymize applications to make sure interviews are only looking at relevant skills and experience to evaluate candidates.
Top 8 AI recruiting tools
Whether you need to fish hidden talent from a bigger pool, surface the best fits faster, or boost diversity, these tools target your biggest roadblocks with smart features that don’t require a steep learning curve.
1. Kula ATS
With 400+ pre-built automations, Kula takes repetitive recruiting tasks like communications, scheduling, and paperwork off your plate so you can focus on higher-impact work. It can:
- Trigger automated emails to advance candidates between screening stages
- Populate and send rejection letters
- Automate background check requests
- Schedule subsequent interviews when candidates pass the initial screens
Kula’s automations can do much more, with extensive reporting, analytics, and AI functions.
When it comes to interview intelligence, Kula automatically analyzes recordings, transcripts, and notes from structured interviews. It goes beyond basic keyword matching to analyze behavioral and psycholinguistic elements within profiles and interviews to uncover stronger talent signals. This gives you proactive recommendations and accelerated insights.
As an end-to-end platform, Kula consolidates the candidate journey across sourcing, screening, interviewing, offers, and onboarding for a consistent experience at scale. It gives you one personalized portal for scheduling, communication history, and interview feedback with on-demand diversity reports so you can ensure there’s no bias.
- End-to-end automation minimizes recruiting grunt work
- Easy-to-use, holistic platform requiring minimal training
- AI uncovers stronger matches and key analytics
- Built-in tools foster consistent, unbiased assessment
- Custom reporting illustrates the health of recruiting
- Mobile application for hiring on-the-go
- In-built DEI reporting
- Overkill for basic recruiting tasks
→ Ideal for: In-house recruiting teams at mid-market and enterprise high-growth technology companies who are looking for an all-in-one tool.
2. Greenhouse ATS
True to their central mission of making hiring more fair, ethical, and focused on people, Greenhouse provides tools to embed those values throughout your processes.
Its structured interview builder aims to mitigate bias by standardizing evaluations while still allowing customizable competencies. DEI dashboards and anonymized reviewing also promote diversity and belonging with transparency.
Robust onboarding tools further welcome new hires smoothly. Guided workflows nurture inclusive culture from start to finish.
With sophisticated analytics tracking not just efficiency but also the candidate experience, Greenhouse helps leaders measure if hiring practices live up to their people-first principles.
- Structured interviewing tools reduce unconscious bias
- Dashboards and data promote DEI efforts
- People-focused values
- Higher learning curves for sophisticated capabilities
- Integrations can be costlier for smaller companies
→ Ideal for: Companies committed to ethical, equitable, and values-driven talent acquisition.
3. Workable ATS
Workable aims to optimize collaboration and transparency between all hiring stakeholders. The platform provides tools to gather shared feedback while coordinating scheduling.
Structured interview kits and scorecards standardize candidate assessments across locations and roles. Custom evaluations can still align with specific competencies.
Calendaring integrations, self-service scheduling, and two-way interview coordination reduce manual overhead. Automations also handle repetitive tasks like communications based on custom rules.
Robust onboarding tools welcome new employees smoothly. Employee profiles centralize information, enable access requests, and maintain headcounts in real time.
- Structured interviews ensure consistent evaluation
- Scheduling automation reduces manual workload
- Smooth onboarding workflows for new hires
- Users have run into technical kinks
- Experiences of bad customer service and leaked data
Ideal for: Structured and collaborative hiring across distributed teams in mid-market companies.
4. Lever ATS
Lever aims to inject intelligent efficiency into talent acquisition using workflow automation and data.
The platform provides an intuitive applicant tracking system while automating repetitive tasks like screening, nurturing campaigns, and candidate communications based on configurable rules.
Visual analytics offer real-time visibility into critical recruiting health metrics around pipeline quality, source effectiveness, and more to inform better decisions.
Built-in DEI surveys coupled with anonymized reviewing promote diversity and belonging throughout the hiring funnel. Dashboard transparency keeps teams accountable.
- Intuitive applicant tracking system interface
- Workflow automation for high-volume tasks
- Visual analytics dashboards provide actionable insights
- DEI and anonymization capabilities
- Cannot defer candidates pause hiring if a role is on hold
- Reporting functionality is complicated
- Users complain that customizability needs to be more intuitive
Ideal for: High-growth technology companies seeking an automated recruitment platform to gain data-driven efficiency.
5. Pinpoint ATS
Pinpoint aims to transform talent acquisition by making every hiring stage intuitive yet intelligent.
Its applicant tracking system centralizes essential workflows like screening, scheduling, and offer management with easy customization to support each recruiting team's unique needs.
Seamless integrations with top advertising platforms plus configurable career sites allow showcasing your authentic employer brand to engage candidates.
Once new hires join, onboarding tools like self-service task tracking and document e-signing sustain momentum through final legal steps and beyond.
- Intuitive and customizable applicant tracking
- Integrates with top advertising platforms
- Tools to build tailored career sites
- Structured onboarding with useful templates
- Less AI matching capabilities than some competitors
- Advanced analytics require more manual configuration
Ideal for: Growing companies with hands-on HR teams seeking an affordable all-in-one talent solution to scale.
6. Ashby ATS
Ashby provides an integrated platform aiming to help high-growth companies unlock hiring excellence through automation, transparency, and insights.
The all-in-one solution offers essential applicant tracking coupled with CRM, intelligent scheduling coordination, and advanced analytics for complete visibility into recruiting performance.
Configurable automations and structured workflows handle common tasks to accelerate hiring and standardize the candidate experience at scale while custom reporting gives leaders actionable data to sharpen strategy.
- Structured workflows and automations
- Advanced customizable reporting
- Boolean search capability across CRM
- Supports complex interview scheduling
- More limited integrations than some competitors
- Steeper learning curves for extensive capabilities
→ Idea for: High-growth technology companies with complex hiring needs seeking an integrated solution.
When it comes to hiring success, getting everyone strategically on the same page matters hugely. Recruitee zones in on optimizing cross-functional collaboration, transforming once-siloed teams into a unified hiring machine.
The platform empowers complete visibility into candidate progress by centralizing all screening, reviews, scheduling, and feedback. Automated workflows also handle repetitive tasks like assessments and interview coordination seamlessly behind the scenes.
Beyond streamlining team communication, Recruitee makes directly leveraging your talent network's referrals and social reach simple through integrated promotion tools.
- Improves collaboration and transparency between hiring stakeholders
- Automates repetitive administrative hiring tasks
- Easy to create optimized career sites quickly
- Leverages employee referrals and social reach
- Provides insightful analytics on recruiting performance
- Less robust AI capabilities compared to some platforms
- More focused on collaboration than standalone candidate experience
→ Ideal for: High-growth startups seeking structure who need heavy team involvement for hiring
Manatal centralizes sourcing, screening, and hiring team collaboration with machine learning-fueled recommendations.Beyond aggregating essential recruitment features, Manatal was built for rapid implementation and ease of use with no steep learning curves. Its intuitive interface, customizable workflows, and automated task support allow all recruiting contributors to quickly maximize value.
The platform natively integrates global job advertising across 2,500+ sites and channels while empowering impactful employer branding. With Manatal, showcase your culture to candidates from branded career portals to offer letter templates while keeping stakeholders aligned through shared candidate records and mutual calendars.
- Integrates with 2,500+ job sites for expanded reach
- Referral portals and career pages support engagement
- Mobile app allows recruiting on-the-go
- Intuitive interface with little learning curve
- More focused on recruitment workflows than standalone candidate portal
- Analytics from multiple modules may require cross-platform understanding
- Additional fees for extensive custom integrations
→ Ideal for: Ideal for mid-market companies and staffing agencies who depend heavily on job sites.
Kula leads the way in AI recruiting
When evaluating AI recruiting tools, it’s important to look beyond the basic automation of tasks.
Without question, features like intelligent screening, scheduling, and communications provide massive time savings. But applied creatively, AI has the power to fundamentally transform how recruiting teams operate.
Google sets a powerful example of how people analytics can transform recruiting and talent decisions through data-driven insights, experimentation, and collaboration.
AI lets you experiment while refining processes. The same workflow that saves hours might also create a wow candidate experience when optimized over time. Recruiters can test new ideas at scale confidently. The best part? You make better decisions with the same budget by letting data guide investments into what works.
Rather than getting distracted by piecemeal features, consider how well a platform sets up your team to unlock long-term advantages through behavioral insights vs opinions.
Kula offers every feature we’ve talked about in this article. From automation to collaboration, from smooth candidate experiences to easy integrations with existing software, Kula offers a foundation for you to build optimizable processes through AI-powered automation and insights.